Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Damned #1

The Damned #1, October 2006, Oni Press

Experiencing serious technical difficulties. This review is written, but much like its subject matter, appears to be damned. I blame the spirits of Halloween for this one. Since I'm down to the wire, I have to post something, so I'll take my friend's advice and offer a bottom line overview, in the hopes of fixing my disk drives and Internet connections so I can post the review in its entirety tomorrow.

BOTTOM LINE: The Damned #1 is an entertaining read that offers insight into the legitimate struggle that comes with life after death, as our hero with an odd ability to raise from the dead is at the beck and call of a demonic mob, which, although isn't illustrated as scary in a supernatural sense, retains the dignity of the old cops-and-robbers genre, instilling a true sense of chilling consequence if the proverbial resurrection man doesn't succeed. Well drawn, well written, worth digging up, much like its lead character. Ha. Even with seconds to spare, I get the jab in.

But I'm still pissed.

[Blogger’s Note: Original review finally posted on October 23, 2006, approximately 2 a.m. I’ll be damned.]

No comments: