Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The Curious Case of Iron Man . . . 2



The latest trailer for Iron Man 2 went live on Yahoo (and every other corner of the Web) yesterday, and if I couldn't wait before, I'm practically shaking with anticipation now. To further whet my fanboy appetite, Marvel distributed a free Iron Man comic book last Wednesday, and while I've never read an issue of Marvel's armored avenger before, Matt Fraction's introspective Tony Stark has piqued my interest. Just like Robert Downey, Jr.'s portrayal, this Iron Man is all playboy on the outside (arguably, his most endurable armor of all), all tortured hero on the inside. His "five nightmares" are the perfect representation of any innovative inventor's fears, tinged with the concept of a superhero reality. At the end of the day, Stark's most formidable protection -- is his iron will.

No comments: